Looking for help funding your study abroad? Check out:
- Michigan State’s list of ideas for creative fundraising for study abroad.
- The Institute for International Education’s study abroad funding directory
- GoAbroad’s scholarships abroad search
- DiversityAbroad’s International Scholarships & Fellowships Directory
- The College Board’s scholarship search (not specific to study abroad, but searching on study abroad brings up scholarships)
- Gilman scholarships for students receiving federal Pell Grants
- Phi Kappa Phi’s study abroad grants
- BUTEX scholarships for students studying at BUTEX-member universities in the United Kingdom
- DAAD scholarships for US students studying in Germany
- Boren scholarships for students studying regions/languages that are important to U.S. national security
- Freeman-Asia scholarships for study in East or Southeast Asia
Any other suggestions for funding sources?
Studying abroad (student teaching) was one of the best experiences of my life.